Tax Center Global Tax Guide / Glossary / Discussion / About Us
Register Log In
   Life Events   
Retirement Plans   
College Funding   
Death Taxes   

Annotated diagram of Schedule DTax errors can be costly! Don't draw unwanted attention from the IRS. Our Tax Center explains and illustrates the tax rules for sales of company stock, W-2s, withholding, estimated taxes, AMT, and more.

Life Events: Divorce

How do I obtain details of my estranged spouse's stock grants for negotiating our divorce agreement?
You will need to hire a lawyer. Most likely, your company will require a subpoena to produce records of the outstanding grants. Some companies may not require this if your spouse gives the stock plan department written permission to share the stock grant records with an outside attorney for the purposes of the divorce.
Print this FAQ: Printer icon
Share this FAQ:
Share this article on LinkedIn Share this article on Facebook Share this article on twitter
Prior FAQ in list Return to list Next FAQ in list