ISOs: AMT Advanced

12 Tax-Return Mistakes To Avoid With Stock Options And ESPPs This is premium content

Bruce Brumberg and Lynnette Khalfani
Puzzled by what to do with your W-2, Form 1099-B, or Forms 3921 and 3922? Don't quite know how and where to report sales of company stock on Form 8949 and Schedule D? Tax returns involving income from stock options or ESPPs can be confusing. The potential for mistakes has been increased by frequent recent changes in IRS reporting rules. This article explains errors to avoid when reporting stock compensation and stock sales on your tax return.
For access to this article, please sign in or register.
Not Yet a Member?

This feature is a benefit of Premium membership.

Registering as a Premium member will give you complete access to our award-winning content and tools on stock options, restricted stock/RSUs, SARs, and ESPPs.

Who becomes a Premium Member? See our long list of paid subscribers.

Are you a financial or wealth advisor? Learn more about MSO Pro Membership.

View Homepage

Questions or comments? Email support or call (617) 734-1979.