Financial Planning: High Net Worth

Converting Your Stock Option Spread Into Nonqualified Deferred Compensation This is premium content

Carol Cantrell
UPDATED! You may have employee stock options with a large spread but don't need the money, and you may want to defer the tax upon exercise as long as possible. But you also want to minimize your risk of owning a single stock. Learn about the possibility of substituting a nonqualified deferred compensation plan for your unexercised options.
For access to this article, please sign in or register.
Not Yet a Member?

This feature is a benefit of Premium membership.

Registering as a Premium member will give you complete access to our award-winning content and tools on stock options, restricted stock/RSUs, SARs, and ESPPs.

Who becomes a Premium Member? See our long list of paid subscribers.

Are you a financial or wealth advisor? Learn more about MSO Pro Membership.

View Homepage

Questions or comments? Email support or call (617) 734-1979.
We've updated our Privacy Policy, and this site uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy to learn more.