Tax Center: NQSO Tax Returns

Form 8949 and Sch. D diagrams I did a cashless exercise with my nonqualified stock options last year. Since I have no additional gains or losses from the sale, do I still need to report the transaction on Form 8949 and Schedule D of my tax return? This is premium content

You should list this stock sale on your Form 8949 and include it in the totals on Schedule D. These forms are used to...
For access to this answer, please sign in or register.
Not Yet a Member?

This feature is a benefit of Premium membership.

Registering as a Premium member will give you complete access to our award-winning content and tools on stock options, restricted stock/RSUs, SARs, and ESPPs.

Who becomes a Premium Member? See our long list of paid subscribers.

Are you a financial or wealth advisor? Learn more about MSO Pro Membership.

View Homepage

Questions or comments? Email support or call (617) 734-1979.
We've updated our Privacy Policy, and this site uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy to learn more.