Tax Center: ISO Tax Returns

Do I always get a Form 1099-B for a same-day-sale cashless exercise? Are there exceptions, and if so how do I report the sale on my tax return? This is premium content

You should almost always receive Form 1099-B. The only exception occurs if certain requirements under IRS Rev. Proc. 2002-50 are met. This revenue procedure allows...
For access to this answer, please sign in or register.
Not Yet a Member?

This feature is a benefit of Premium membership.

Registering as a Premium member will give you complete access to our award-winning content and tools on stock options, restricted stock/RSUs, SARs, and ESPPs.

Who becomes a Premium Member? See our long list of paid subscribers.

Are you a financial or wealth advisor? Learn more about MSO Pro Membership.

View Homepage

Questions or comments? Email support or call (617) 734-1979.
We've updated our Privacy Policy, and this site uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy to learn more.