Life Events: Divorce

Do I pay any taxes when stock options are transferred to my former spouse as a part of my divorce settlement? This is premium content

Under IRS Revenue Ruling 2002-22, an employee who transfers interests in nonqualified stock options (NQSOs) to a former spouse as part of a divorce settlement...
For access to this answer, please sign in or register.
Not Yet a Member?

This feature is a benefit of Premium membership.

Registering as a Premium member will give you complete access to our award-winning content and tools on stock options, restricted stock/RSUs, SARs, and ESPPs.

Who becomes a Premium Member? See our long list of paid subscribers.

Are you a financial or wealth advisor? Learn more about MSO Pro Membership.

View Homepage

Questions or comments? Email support or call (617) 734-1979.
We've updated our Privacy Policy, and this site uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy to learn more.