Job Events: Consultants & Contractors

UPDATES! Do the restricted stock/RSU tax rules, withholding, and tax-return reporting differ if I am an independent contractor, a consultant, or an outside director and not an employee? This is premium content

In some ways they are similar. The tax treatment of restricted stock is the same for everyone. The reporting and withholding income is different. If you are an employee...
For access to this answer, please sign in or register.
Not Yet a Member?

This feature is a benefit of Premium membership.

Registering as a Premium member will give you complete access to our award-winning content and tools on stock options, restricted stock/RSUs, SARs, and ESPPs.

Who becomes a Premium Member? See our long list of paid subscribers.

Are you a financial or wealth advisor? Learn more about MSO Pro Membership.

View Homepage

Questions or comments? Email support or call (617) 734-1979.
We've updated our Privacy Policy, and this site uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy to learn more.