Life Events: Divorce

How are stock options valued when I give my spouse money or other property instead of transferring the options? This is premium content

If legal title to stock options is not being transferred under the divorce decree, the options are valued so that other property (e.g., cash or a house) can be awarded to the nonemployee-spouse...
For access to this answer, please sign in or register.
Not Yet a Member?

This feature is a benefit of Premium membership.

Registering as a Premium member will give you complete access to our award-winning content and tools on stock options, restricted stock/RSUs, SARs, and ESPPs.

Who becomes a Premium Member? See our long list of paid subscribers.

Are you a financial or wealth advisor? Learn more about MSO Pro Membership.

View Homepage

Questions or comments? Email support or call (617) 734-1979.
We've updated our Privacy Policy, and this site uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy to learn more.