Financial Planning: Dividends

How are the dividends on restricted stock taxed and reported to me? This is premium content

Dividends that are earned on restricted stock are considered compensation income, which is reported on your W-2 (1099-MISC for nonemployees, such as directors). Once the shares vest, dividends are no longer compensation and instead become...
For access to this answer, please sign in or register.
Not Yet a Member?

This feature is a benefit of Premium membership.

Registering as a Premium member will give you complete access to our award-winning content and tools on stock options, restricted stock/RSUs, SARs, and ESPPs.

Who becomes a Premium Member? See our long list of paid subscribers.

Are you a financial or wealth advisor? Learn more about MSO Pro Membership.

View Homepage

Questions or comments? Email support or call (617) 734-1979.
We've updated our Privacy Policy, and this site uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy to learn more.