Tax Center: ISO Basics

I'm a US citizen living and working outside the United States. Do I pay US taxes on income from stock compensation and stock sales? Can I avoid double taxation? This is premium content

The United States taxes the worldwide income of all US citizens, regardless of where they live. This means that when you live abroad you must file a US tax return that includes your worldwide income. In addition, the foreign country where you live may also tax your income. But the US has tax treaties with certain nations to help taxpayers avoid double taxation...
For access to this answer, please sign in or register.
Not Yet a Member?

This feature is a benefit of Premium membership.

Registering as a Premium member will give you complete access to our award-winning content and tools on stock options, restricted stock/RSUs, SARs, and ESPPs.

Who becomes a Premium Member? See our long list of paid subscribers.

Are you a financial or wealth advisor? Learn more about MSO Pro Membership.

View Homepage

Questions or comments? Email support or call (617) 734-1979.
We've updated our Privacy Policy, and this site uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy to learn more.