Financial Planning: High Net Worth

If I must disgorge short-swing profits under Section 16(b), do I still have to pay tax on those profits? Do I get a tax deduction for the disgorgement? This is premium content

Having recoverable profits under Section 16(b) for a matching purchase or sale within six months does not mean that you will report the same amount as income for taxes. You calculate the profits under Section 16(b) differently...
For access to this answer, please sign in or register.
Not Yet a Member?

This feature is a benefit of Premium membership.

Registering as a Premium member will give you complete access to our award-winning content and tools on stock options, restricted stock/RSUs, SARs, and ESPPs.

Who becomes a Premium Member? See our long list of paid subscribers.

Are you a financial or wealth advisor? Learn more about MSO Pro Membership.

View Homepage

Questions or comments? Email support or call (617) 734-1979.
We've updated our Privacy Policy, and this site uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy to learn more.