Restricted Stock: Section 83(b)

My restricted stock never vested because I left my company, but I paid taxes on the stock at the time of grant. Can I recover the taxes that I paid with the 83(b) election or claim some other deduction? This is premium content

When you forfeit the stock, you are allowed a limited capital loss deduction for any amount you paid...
For access to this answer, please sign in or register.
Not Yet a Member?

This feature is a benefit of Premium membership.

Registering as a Premium member will give you complete access to our award-winning content and tools on stock options, restricted stock/RSUs, SARs, and ESPPs.

Who becomes a Premium Member? See our long list of paid subscribers.

Are you a financial or wealth advisor? Learn more about MSO Pro Membership.

View Homepage

Questions or comments? Email support or call (617) 734-1979.
We've updated our Privacy Policy, and this site uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy to learn more.