Tax Center: Reporting Stock Sales 2023 UPDATES!

Form 8949 and Sch. D diagrams When restricted stock units vest, my company automatically sells or withholds shares to cover the taxes. Do I need to report these shares on my Form 8949 and Schedule D? This is premium content

You should definitely report a sale for taxes at vesting if you received a 1099-B that shows the proceeds. The IRS will...
For access to this answer, please sign in or register.
Not Yet a Member?

This feature is a benefit of Premium membership.

Registering as a Premium member will give you complete access to our award-winning content and tools on stock options, restricted stock/RSUs, SARs, and ESPPs.

Who becomes a Premium Member? See our long list of paid subscribers.

Are you a financial or wealth advisor? Learn more about MSO Pro Membership.

View Homepage

Questions or comments? Email support or call (617) 734-1979.
We've updated our Privacy Policy, and this site uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy to learn more.