Restricted Stock: Section 83(b)

To pay the taxes owed at the time of an 83(b) election, can I sell shares, have my company withhold shares, or get my company to lend me the money? This is premium content

At the time of grant, your shares have not vested. Thus you cannot sell them to pay the taxes. The possibility of a loan from the company depends on...
For access to this answer, please sign in or register.
Not Yet a Member?

This feature is a benefit of Premium membership.

Registering as a Premium member will give you complete access to our award-winning content and tools on stock options, restricted stock/RSUs, SARs, and ESPPs.

Who becomes a Premium Member? See our long list of paid subscribers.

Are you a financial or wealth advisor? Learn more about MSO Pro Membership.

View Homepage

Questions or comments? Email support or call (617) 734-1979.
We've updated our Privacy Policy, and this site uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy to learn more.