Tax Center: NQSO Tax Returns

The spread on my NQSO exercise is reported on my W-2 as ordinary income. Can I use my stock-trading losses to offset this income? This is premium content

The tax law says that you can offset losses against only the same type of income. This means you cannot use capital losses to offset ordinary income. However...
For access to this answer, please sign in or register.
Not Yet a Member?

This feature is a benefit of Premium membership.

Registering as a Premium member will give you complete access to our award-winning content and tools on stock options, restricted stock/RSUs, SARs, and ESPPs.

Who becomes a Premium Member? See our long list of paid subscribers.

Are you a financial or wealth advisor? Learn more about MSO Pro Membership.

View Homepage

Questions or comments? Email support or call (617) 734-1979.
We've updated our Privacy Policy, and this site uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy to learn more.