Tax Center: Restricted Stock Tax Returns

The value of my restricted stock at vesting is reported on my W-2 as ordinary income. Can I use my stock-trading losses to offset this income? This is premium content

You have different types of taxable income. The tax law says you can offset losses against only the...
For access to this answer, please sign in or register.
Not Yet a Member?

This feature is a benefit of Premium membership.

Registering as a Premium member will give you complete access to our award-winning content and tools on stock options, restricted stock/RSUs, SARs, and ESPPs.

Who becomes a Premium Member? See our long list of paid subscribers.

Are you a financial or wealth advisor? Learn more about MSO Pro Membership.

View Homepage

Questions or comments? Email support or call (617) 734-1979.
We've updated our Privacy Policy, and this site uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy to learn more.