Video included! What are the top 10 questions I should ask about my grant of restricted stock or RSUs?
You should know the answers to the questions in the checklist below. Understanding the topics involved and the key stock plan documents will help you make the most of your restricted stock/RSU grant and prevent costly mistakes.
2. Is formal acceptance of the grant required? What happens if I don't accept the grant before vesting?
3. What is the vesting schedule?
6. When the shares vest, what account will they appear in?
7. Does the company offer a choice for the tax withholding, or does it hold back shares to pay the taxes?
8. With RSUs, can I defer the delivery of the shares at vesting?
10. What would happen to my restricted stock in a corporate acquisition or merger?
Got another minute? In just 60 seconds, the myStockOptions editor-in-chief runs through the top 5 things to know about your restricted stock or RSUs:
In addition, you should understand the tax treatment, the reporting on your Form W-2 (whether for restricted stock or RSUs), and the related tax return reporting. This website's Tax Center covers all tax topics involving stock compensation. For key financial-planning points to know about your restricted stock or RSUs, see a related article.
For grants of restricted stock or RSUs in a private company, see a related checklist of points to know.
The content is provided as an educational resource. myStockOptions.com shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or any actions taken in reliance thereon.
Copyright © 2000-2022 myStockPlan.com, Inc. myStockOptions.com is a federally registered trademark.
Contact email@example.com for licensing information.