Tax Center: SAR Tax Returns

When I exercise my stock appreciation rights (SARs), will the amount of tax withheld cover the amount of tax that I must pay when I file my tax return? This is premium content

Employers usually withhold federal income taxes at the flat rate required for supplemental wages, which is...
For access to this answer, please sign in or register.
Not Yet a Member?

This feature is a benefit of Premium membership.

Registering as a Premium member will give you complete access to our award-winning content and tools on stock options, restricted stock/RSUs, SARs, and ESPPs.

Who becomes a Premium Member? See our long list of paid subscribers.

Are you a financial or wealth advisor? Learn more about MSO Pro Membership.

View Homepage

Questions or comments? Email support or call (617) 734-1979.
We've updated our Privacy Policy, and this site uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy to learn more.