M&A: Impact

Why do I need to complete IRS Form W-9 when the company where I work is being acquired? This is premium content

It must not be on file with the transfer agent that is handling the share transfer for stock option exercises, restricted stock/RSU vesting, or sales of company shares. To avoid federal withholding at the 28% rate...
For access to this answer, please sign in or register.
Not Yet a Member?

This feature is a benefit of Premium membership.

Registering as a Premium member will give you complete access to our award-winning content and tools on stock options, restricted stock/RSUs, SARs, and ESPPs.

Who becomes a Premium Member? See our long list of paid subscribers.

Are you a financial or wealth advisor? Learn more about MSO Pro Membership.

View Homepage

Questions or comments? Email support or call (617) 734-1979.
We've updated our Privacy Policy, and this site uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy to learn more.