Life Events: Retirement

I retired and moved states. When I exercise my options and my restricted stock vests, will I be taxed by the state where I worked or by my new state? This is premium content

The outcome depends on the laws and tax policies of the state you worked in. States are not restrained...
For access to this answer, please sign in or register.
Not Yet a Member?

This feature is a benefit of Premium membership.

Registering as a Premium member will give you complete access to our award-winning content and tools on stock options, restricted stock/RSUs, SARs, and ESPPs.

Who becomes a Premium Member? See our long list of paid subscribers.

Are you a financial or wealth advisor? Learn more about MSO Pro Membership.

View Homepage

Questions or comments? Email support or call (617) 734-1979.
We've updated our Privacy Policy, and this site uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy to learn more.