NQSOs: Taxes Advanced

If I move to another country to work, will I still have to pay US taxes on option exercises, restricted stock vesting, and stock sales? Can I avoid double taxation? This is premium content

The United States taxes the worldwide income of US citizens regardless of whether the income arises from activities in the US. In addition, the other country may impose taxes too. But the US has tax treaties with certain nations to help taxpayers avoid double taxation...
For access to this answer, please sign in or register.
Not Yet a Member?

This feature is a benefit of Premium membership.

Registering as a Premium member will give you complete access to our award-winning content and tools on stock options, restricted stock/RSUs, SARs, and ESPPs.

Who becomes a Premium Member? See our long list of paid subscribers.

Are you a financial or wealth advisor? Learn more about MSO Pro Membership.

View Homepage

Questions or comments? Email support or call (617) 734-1979.