A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Form 1042-S
For employees who are not US tax residents, this IRS form reports the US-based income that is subject to federal tax withholding, perhaps at a rate specified by a treaty. The form's instructions indicate the types of income that are reported on the form. For example, you usually receive Form 1042-S if you have received cash dividends and have paid US taxes on dividends earned from your company stock holdings. For US-sourced dividend income received during a calendar year, companies send Form 1042-S to employees by mid-March of the following year. Completing Form W-8BEN does not exclude non-US residents from US taxes on dividend payments.
Return to list Register Now

Try the new myStockOptions.com Glossary App! Now available for Android and iOS.

Get it on Google Play
The content is provided as an educational resource.
myStockOptions.com shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or any actions taken in reliance thereon.
Copyright © 2000-2023 myStockPlan.com, Inc. U.S. Patent 7,353,200.
Contact editors@mystockoptions.com for licensing information