Alert: Volatility & Year-End 2022 Planning (October 27, 2022)
This alert highlights some of the latest developments in the award-winning equity comp resources of myStockOptions and the myStockOptions Webinar Channel. Amid the down and volatile markets of 2022, year-end planning is more important than ever. Accordingly, we have been updating our articles and FAQs on year-end planning. You can also review a full list of all our new and recently updated content.
Year-End 2022: What You Need To Know For Equity Comp Financial & Tax Planning
Year-end is a key time for financial and tax planning with stock comp and company shares. The articles and FAQs in our section on year-end planning present actionable ideas to consider. These include looking at the income thresholds that may trigger higher tax rates for option exercises or sales of vested stock, and knowing the rules on tax-loss harvesting and wash sales. A good place to start is our year-end checklist of items to know and consider about your equity comp. Other content includes:
- 12 Ideas For 2022 Year-End Planning With Stock Compensation (Parts 1 and 2)
- Year-End Planning: 5 Items For Your Stock Comp Checklist
- 7 Year-End 2022 Strategies For Restricted Stock, RSUs, And Performance Shares
- 2022 Year-End Strategies For Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- What are some key planning strategies at year-end 2022 for restricted stock, RSUs, and stock options?
6 Pro Tips For Navigating Volatility With RSUs And Stock Options
When stock-price volatility strikes, should you change your financial plan or stick with it? A new article at myStockOptions presents insights from financial and tax experts on strategies for stock options and restricted stock/RSUs in down and volatile markets.
How 10b5-1 Plans Can Help You Build Wealth And Avoid Insider Trading With Your Company Stock
Executives and key employees with equity comp must sell company shares to meet financial goals but also need to avoid insider trading. A prearranged Rule 10b5-1 trading plan for automatic, periodic buying and selling can offer protection. A new article at myStockOptions has insights from experts on how to use these plans safely and effectively, considering the proposed SEC rule changes. It's part of our comprehensive content on 10b5-1 plans in the SEC Law section at myStockOptions. Also, our recent webinar 10b5-1 Trading Plans & Other SEC Rules Advisors Need To Know is available on demand.
5 Exercise Strategies For Startup Company Stock Options
Before you accept stock options in a startup company, you want to have a strategy in place for exercising them. That will save you from the unhappy surprises of forfeiting vested options or unnecessary tax expenses. In a new article at myStockOptions, an attorney with expertise in this niche presents some of the alternatives.
WEBINARS: Private & Pre-IPO Equity Comp; How To Use 10b5-1 Plans; Negotiating Equity Comp
The next webinar at the myStockOptions Webinar Channel is coming up on November 3: Stock Comp Financial Planning For Private Company Employees: From Startup To IPO Or Acquisition. In 100 minutes, the webinar will cover the fundamentals of private company stock grants and related strategies for financial and tax planning. The webinar features a trio of engaging advisors presenting practical guidance and real-world case studies.
Decreasing valuations for private company stock, shifts in the resale markets, and the decline in IPOs make the need for effective guidance even more important, as the webinar will cover. It offers 2.0 CE credits for CFP, CPWA/CIMA, CEP, CPE (live webinar only), and EA (live webinar only).
In addition, myStockOptions recently two highly popular webinars, now available on demand with CE credits available:
- 10b5-1 Trading Plans & Other SEC Rules Advisors Need To Know
- Negotiating Equity Compensation: How Advisors Can Help Clients
CE Credits At myStockOptions
In this post-conference era, keep up your continuing professional education and earn needed CE credits at myStockOptions. In our Learning Center, myStockOptions has eight courses and exams that offer CE credits for several professional designations and can be used for internal company certification programs:
- 40 CE credits for Certified Equity Professionals (CEPs): over 100% of the total requirement
- 26 CE credits for Certified Financial Planners (CFPs): 87% of the total requirement
- 26 CE credits for Certified Private Wealth Advisors (CPWAs) and Certified Investment Management Analysts (CIMAs): over 65% of the total requirement)
- Chartered Financial Analysts (CFAs) and Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) are encouraged to take our courses and exams and include them, if possible, when they self-document their continuing professional education
Each course of study features podcasts, articles, and FAQs from myStockOptions. The answer key for each exam also links to relevant content on the site for further reading and learning. More CE credits are available at the myStockOptions Webinar Channel, which features on-demand webinars in streaming format. Each webinar (100 minutes) offers 2.0 CE credits for the CFP, CPWA/CIMA, and CEP certifications.